Medical Council of India (MCI) has initiated the process of implementing e governance through Digital Mission Mode Project (DMMP). IMA has sent a congratulatory letter to President MCI.
As part of the DMMP, MCI through open tender process has selected a System Integrator M/s Bodhtree Consulting Ltd. & M/s Techinfy Solutions Pvt. Ltd. to design, procure/develop, supply, implement, operate and maintain MCI- DMMP solution for e governance purpose.
MCI e governance Project will
- Provide an on line channel for application to avail the services of MCI
- Provide application progress status available online to the applicant
- Provide a repository of certificates etc for future reference on MCI's website
- Reduced cost to avail service by the applicant due to reduction in physical travel, availability of e-payment etc.
- Monitoring of attendance of faculty of medical colleges
- Unique ID for each doctor across India
- Unified database - "single version of the truth"
- Improved complaint and grievance redressal
- Workflow based processing
- Enhanced and user friendly document management
- Availability of MIS and dashboard for management
During the integration process MCI will also be interacting with all the medical colleges in India time & again for quick and full proof e-governance system.
MCI is also in process of creating details of mandatory & desirable requirements with time lines from the Medical Colleges.
The project will be driven under strict time lines & continuous monitoring of MCI- E Governance Team by the Office of the Council.