First National Daily eMedical Newspaper of India
Nobody Reports News Better Than Us  
Editorial (Dr K K Aggarwal)                                                                                          (Dr RN Tandon)
To Read the full story on emedinexus.com, or download our Android app or iOS app
23rd May, 2017
Healthcare shame: India ranked 154th out of 195 countries ranked by Lancet Medical Journal: DNA

This is not true: Indian Medical Association
 
DNA has reported a Lancet study that India's poor ranking is primarily because of the rise in cases of tuberculosis (TB), diabetes, rheumatic heart disease and chronic kidney disease. India has failed to achieve in healthcare goals, badly lagging behind China, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in terms of accessibility and quality.
 
India was ranked 154th position in the ranking of healthcare quality amongst 195 countries, whereas some countries like South Korea, Peru and China have seen greatest improvements in healthcare access and quality since 1990. China, with a score of 74 on the index, has been ranked at 82 - far ahead of India, and Sri Lanka has scored 73 on the index. Similarly, Brazil and Bangladesh have score 65 and 52, respectively. India performed worse than expected in TB, diabetes, rheumatic heart disease and chronic kidney disease. The 32 diseases for which death rates were tracked included TB and other respiratory infections, illnesses that can be prevented with vaccines - such as diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus and measles - several forms of treatable cancer and heart disease, and maternal or neonatal disorders.
 
I do not agree. This is not the correct picture. Government statistics are based on data from government set ups, which cater to only 20% of the society. The remaining 80% are seen by the private sector.
To Read More or Comment, Click Here
 
http://emedinews.org/2017/pregabid1.jpg
Top News
More than 1.2 million adolescents die every year, nearly all preventable: WHO
Karnataka SOP on Violence against Doctors 
MP HC to DCI/MCI: Migration to Medical Students without Bias
India may have its first Medical tourism and wellness policy this year
New Clinical Trials Policy
Lancet: India Healthcare Lagging Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka
Practice Updates
 
eMedi Humor
Think big, Think smart  A Following Person
Medicolegal Corner
Can a doctor disclose information about patient learnt during consultation? What are the consumer rights as defined in the Consumer Protection Act, 1986? 
eMedi Quiz
Webcasts 
Lifestyle Updates
 
Inspirational Story 1:Our Time in History
Inspirational Story 2. The power of encouragement
IMA to organize Dilli Chalo movement 
Over a lakh doctors to join the movement digitally and physically to bring to light atrocities faced by the medical fraternity

New Delhi, 22 May 2017: The National IMA is organizing the Dilli Chalo Movement on 6th June 2017 to bring forth the atrocities faced by the medical fraternity and has urged all its members to join the movement in entirety. The Protest March will start at 8:00 AM from Rajghat and reach the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium by 11:00 AM. The march, which will be joined by over a lakh doctors in the country, both digitally and physically, will be followed by deliberations on issues ailing the medical profession.
 
The last few months have seen several other initiatives by the IMA on this front such as STOP NMC Sathyagraha, two National Protest Days against violence on doctors, NO to NEXT strike in medical colleges, and the National Black Day against West Bengal Clinical Establishments Act.
To Read More or Comment, Click Here
IMA Updates